Sunday, August 17, 2014

summer marathon.


my "summer break" included a 5 week tour of america. i got to see so many precious friends, a good percentage of my wonderful family, and a few of my favorite places along the way. i drove a couple thousand miles, took my 34th flight of the year, and zipped along behind the boat a few times. as i expressed at the beginning of the month, I prayed this summer would fill my cup and boy did it. i don't know quite how "restful" it was but it was full in all the best ways! so i've finished my marathon of a summer and am getting ready to head back into the orient. before i depart i thought i'd share a few snapshots to give you a tour of my american adventures:

my favorite place. 
4th of July: celebrating all things AMERICA.

they sure don't have sunsets like this in asia.

pure barre+paddle board. 
in minneapolis for my cousins wedding. 
the cutest grandparents you ever did see. 
CASS+TEE! 
sparklers. 
favorite place with some of my favorite people. 
3 generations. my precious awee! 
AUBURN with more of my favorites. 
goodness can't quite imagine life without y'all next door yet. 
MW+BENNETT! 
he put a ring on it!!! got to see my newly engaged bestie. 
even a little nashville date. 
family reunion for alice+jeff's wedding! 
the sweetest roomie came to send me back with love! 
tearful airport goodbyes. 
so i might've visited chickfila everyday this summer...

as i return to a new "home", i'm boldly praying this scripture for myself and all my friends traveling with me:

"to this end we always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling and may fulfill every resolve for good and every work of faith by his power." 2 thessalonians 1:11



and now we're off to the ORIENT...

No comments:

Post a Comment