Sunday, October 20, 2013

promises to cling to.

living in a place that is so far from comfortable and different than normal, i regularly seem to evaluate what i truly believe. so often i forget the identity i have been given as a daughter of the king, and i stray from the truth of His promises. one of my first weeks here i made a list of His unwavering promises that i must cling to and know as true...it's been a neat exercise to turn to these again and again, remembering WHOSE and WHO i am. hope you might enjoy being reminded of these truths and can cling to these promises wherever He might have you:

  • God is FOR me (romans 6:23).
  • His Spirit intercedes for me (romans 8:26).
  • He works all things for my good and His GLORY (romans 8:28).
  • His ways are higher than mine (isaiah 55:8-9).
  • when I have merely plans, He has PURPOSE (proverbs 19:21).
  • He goes before me and will not forsake me (deuteronomy 31:8)
  • He has called us to nations and will go with us (matthew 28:18-20).
  • He calls us BELOVED children and has LAVISHED grace upon us (1 john 3:1)
  • He WILL answer what we ask of Him in prayer (john 14:14, 15:16, 16:24)
  • He promises streams of LIVING water to flow forth from our hearts (john 7:38)
  • He formed me and created me in His image: fearfully and wonderfully (psalm 139:13-16).
  • His word guides me to purity (psalm 119:9).
  • He WILL be exalted among all nations (psalm 46:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment