Sunday, August 18, 2013

Brief.

I left home Tuesday morning to embark on this new adventure. With quivering lips and much-anticipated steps, I said my goodbyes and boarded the plane. Before heading to my final destination, I took a required respite in Chicago for pre-trip "briefing". I was honestly not excited for this week as I just wanted to reach my new home--yet this week was exactly what I needed: the perfect transition. A brief rest; a brief time of change; a thorough briefing of the year ahead. Of course the Lord knew that...I wish I'd stop being so surprised by His abundance in provision. As I've said my final goodbyes, I've recounted my three take-aways from this week to many of you. If I haven't had a chance to call, I hope you might enjoy some insight into how I would define this week:

  • Emotionally Stabilizing: If you know me well, you know I hate goodbyes. I'm never very good at them, and they often end in tears. My year-long goodbye was no different: I was an emotional mess sitting in the Nashville terminal-confident in His plans for me but so overwhelmed at how it would look. This week I have enjoyed the transition to life with my friends-turning-family: we've laughed a LOT, dug deep, and are quickly becoming obsessed with one another. I have also felt so grounded in my purpose in going. I am PUMPED for what this year will look like!
  • Spiritually Enriching: This week was meant to be a time to "fill our tank" spiritually--it has been just that. We have enjoyed corporate worship and been able to see the Body of Christ coming together in the truest sense of the word--it is a glorious thing. I feel privileged to walk into this call and am expectant as we step out.
  • Informationally Equipping: Tomorrow I board a plane for a country I've yet to step foot into; with that comes incessant questions and wonderings. This week has been jam-packed with practical information about how to live and work effectively in East Asia. Although some questions linger, I feel as prepared as I could be for what ensues. 
I am excited to have you joining me in this journey. It has been a brief time of transition, but I am thankful for His sweet promises coming true in each step. Praying that I experience the wonder of a brand new place TOMORROW and each day in the coming year!


No comments:

Post a Comment