Sunday, July 18, 2010

relaxation. retreat. radiance.

that is what the lake is to me! relaxation: the place i feel more at ease and carefree than anywhere in the world. retreat: the place that is a sanctuary away from the fast-paced society of which i'm a part. radiance: the place i constantly see God's glory pouring forth: from the hand-painted skies to the perfect flowing currents, His goodness astounds me.

my week departure from real life down to smith lake with my mom served as the perfect transition from kamp-mode to reality. essentially, it was the polar opposite of kamp in that i lazed around, had no schedule, and no one to attend to. it was such a change that i often found myself longing for the kountryside! i would constantly recount details and stories to mom or look at the time and picture what i would be doing at kamp. what a change in such a few days. God's faithfulness continued to appear in His constant meeting with me, his continuous challenges, and His answer to prayers. He is so overwhelmingly magnificent. in the quiet of the lake i could experience God's presence so much. i once again realized the enormous blessings he bestows upon me: from His beauty to my precious family! i have the best parents in the world who love me ridiculously well :) what a perfect place the lake is: eliminating all distraction and displaying God's majesty! i could stay forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment